Bookablehood Sustainability Policy Statement
Updated September 2019
Bookablehood, we believe that we have an obligation — to our employees, our
communities, our investors, our customers and the environment — to operate our
business sustainably. Our management is responsible for enabling employees to
contribute to our environmental objectives and to implement this policy.
Operating our business sustainably has been a core value at Bookablehood from its inception and this commitment is embedded in our Human Resources Manual and in our sustainability guiding principles:
- Creating healthy, collaborative and innovative work environments
- Reducing operational costs and increasing productivity through thoughtful resource conservation and waste reduction
- Driving profit responsibly
- Fostering a culture of involvement in sustainability through employee education and engagement and
- Enabling our customers to become more sustainable through the use of our products.
Specifically, Bookablehood will:
- Continue to develop digital products and product features designed to enhance the sustainability initiatives of both employees and customers
- Partner with our suppliers to operate sustainably, reduce waste and commit to powering digital delivery of product with 100% renewable energy.
- Continue to provide healthy workspaces for our employees through sustainable renovations, construction, operations and certification whenever possible
- Drive towards fuller transparency from Bookablehood vendors regarding the content of building materials, preferably by obtaining comprehensive Health Product Disclosures (HPDs) and Environmental Product
- Disclosures (EPDs), to create workspaces optimised for human and environmental health
- Continuously improve tracking of sustainability metrics throughout our operations and digital supply chain
- Measure Scope 1, Scope 2 and Scope 3 (business travel, supply chain, commuting etc.) carbon emissions annually; report them in our corporate social responsibility report annually and other reporting plug sockets; and implement strategies to reduce them.
- Develop the ability to measure and reduce all Scope 3 emissions by working with our suppliers, encouraging our employees to commit to public transportation and zero-carbon commuting and to reduce employee travel through programmes like those which encourage digital meetings, flexible working hours, and etc.
- Reach our goal of automating the budget accommodation sector in Africa by 2030 with 100% cashless and paperless business.
- Maintain solid waste diversion for our Africa operations at a rate of 90% or more through a combination of waste reduction, composting, re-using and responsible recycling, for all sites, as feasible
- Continue to measure and reduce per capita water usage at every site
- Educate and engage employees on sustainability at home, work and throughout their communities through a combination of employee communications, learning sessions and hands-on opportunities
- Report results of our sustainability programme to employees, executive management and other stakeholders, minimally once per fiscal year
- Ensure accurate climate risk assessment, such as the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosure (TCFD) guidance, as well as environmental compliance and reporting transparency through a combination of self- and third-party audits and certifications.
- Perform to our internal environmental management system that solidifies our operational rigour surrounding sustainability in risks, opportunities, processes, governance, communications and outcomes.
employees, vendors and visitors have a legal duty to ensure that all
country-appropriate environmental laws and regulations are met. For any
potential environmental violations, such as spills, strange odors,
inappropriate chemical disposal etc., report them to your Bookablehood manager
or, for vendors and visitors, to your Bookablehood contact. You may also
contact Facilities at +256778 089847
Bookablehood expects that each employee, vendor and visitor will follow the above practices to ensure that Bookablehood meets its reported sustainability goals. This Sustainability Policy has ultimate lineage to Bookablehood’s Code of Business Conduct as well as from all Board and senior level management policy. Please follow the guidelines set in this policy statement.
This policy has been approved by Mr. Stephen Okhutu, Executive President, The Board of Directors and Corporate Secretary for Bookablehood Ltd.